Who we are
Our commitment to privacy
We are committed to providing a safe and private online and offline environment for the services we provide. Any information you provide us with is kept in confidence. We do not use your information for any purposes not directly related to our work as described on our website or elsewhere.
The information we collect
In order to provide our services, we collect, use and retain personal and demographic information including your name, address, mobile telephone number, email address, and other details pertinent to our work. We collect this information by means of the registration forms on our website or on- or offline registration forms for specific events and programmes. Completion of these forms is voluntary. We may also ask for information such as your gender, date of birth or ethnicity, in order to ensure that our services are being directed towards appropriate people and to monitor equal opportunities. We will make every effort to ensure that all the information we hold is accurate, relevant and up to date.
The way we use information
The information we collect from you is held on our database. We use the information in the following ways:
1. To help us communicate with you via email, telephone or ordinary post.
2. To send you a welcome email when you register on our website.
3. To send you our newsletter and other information relevant to our work.
4. To manage and monitor our international youth network.
5. To monitor equal opportunities.
6. To facilitate entry to our programmes and projects, and to monitor the progress of participants on these programmes and projects.
7. To identify suitably skilled or qualified professionals who may be interested in joining our teams in delivering training or other events or working with us in other ways.
8. To identify potential partner organisations and to communicate with actual partners.
9. To conduct project or other evaluation exercises, in order to report impact and improve the quality of our services.
10.To conduct occasional surveys, including market research, or to collect anecdotal evidence relevant to our work.
11.To support any reasonable day to day operations of Company.
We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information with any other organisations or individuals without your permission.
The only exception to this rule is as described in our Legal Disclaimer (see below). We may share reports based on our evaluations or research with third parties. Such reports will never contain personally identifiable information. We do not allow other external organisations access to our mailing lists, or to send out information on our behalf.
Confidentiality and security precautions
When we receive your personal information, we aim to hold it securely within our systems and we take all reasonable measures to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of the information under our control. All employees and data processors who have access to, or are otherwise associated with, the processing of personal data on our behalf, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such data. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be absolutely guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other sites which are not owned or controlled by us, and whose policies may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of third parties. We advise you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that may collect personally, identifiable information.
Your right of access to your personal information
You have the right to find out what information we keep about you. To do this, please send us a written request by email above. We will answer your request within 30 days, although we may require you to pay a £25 administration charge for this service. In this case, the 30-day period for processing your request will start after we receive your payment. To maintain security, we may also require proof of your identity. We allow you to challenge the accuracy of any data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may request that data we hold be corrected or deleted, as necessary.
Changes to your information, cancellation or opting out
If your personal information changes, or you wish to opt out of selected services, you should notify us by email, post or telephone and we will update our records. We give you the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button that appears on each newsletter. If you no longer desire our services at all and wish to be removed from our mailing lists, you should contact us by email at the address shown above: we will undertake to remove all your personally identifiable information from our database; we will retain only such information as is necessary for statistical purposes (for example, in order to be able to keep records of the number of people who have participated in our programmes).
Your personal data will not normally be disclosed to any third party, government institution or other authority. However, we reserve the right to disclose all or any information collected through our website, including your personally identifiable information, if so required by law or in exceptional circumstances such that we consider it necessary and appropriate in order to protect someone from suffering serious harm or injury, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights: in which case we may pass on your data to an appropriate and responsible authority. You consent to our using any personal data that you provide in this way.
If you do not agree, you should not use or access the website.
Who we are?
Purpose of the website
Our website is designed to promote our services, to provide information, to encourage young people to join our international network, to bring us into contact with adults who share a professional interest in our area of work, and to attract the interest of potential partner or sponsor organisations.
The website, including its trade marks, logos, design, text and graphics, is owned by and remains the property of Tree Of Colours Community Interest Company, except in cases where materials from a third party are hosted here, in which case copyright remains with the content’s owners. You may not modify, adapt or in any way exploit (whether for commercial gain or otherwise) any content from this website without prior written consent from us, and from any other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property.
Accuracy, reliability and security
We try to the best of our ability to ensure that the content of the website is accurate and up to date and that the services provided by the site are reliable. However, we cannot guarantee that the operation of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server on which it is located are free of viruses or other harmful defects. You should take appropriate precautions to ensure that any content you download is free of viruses or other harmful content.
Using the website
Contributions, posts and registration
If you contribute material or post comments, whether solicited or unsolicited, to our website, or if you fill in our online registration form, you agree to observe the following rules:
- You will submit information, comments or materials in your own name only.
- You will not pretend to be someone else. You will not act on behalf of another person.
- You will ensure that all information you give is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- You will not claim to represent an organisation without the proper authorisation of that organisation.
- You will not use offensive or abusive language.
- You will not reveal any personal information about another person.
- You will not violate the rights of or harm or threaten the safety of any person.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not contribute material that relates to committing or promoting an illegal act or that encourages or solicits other people to commit such an act.
- You will not try to use us, our services or our website for the promotion of religious or political beliefs.
- You will not infringe the copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity.
- You will not make comments or submit material in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- You will not submit data or other material containing malicious code, such as viruses, worms, Trojans or other potentially harmful programs or material; or involving the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or spam.
In some cases, we may provide you with a password to access secure areas of this site, for example because you are one of our partners or associates. This may enable you to post information or comments onto our site.
You agree to keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your password to access this site not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any secure area of this site
Misuse of the website
Links to other websites
Our website provides links to websites which we do not control, such as our partner or sponsor organisations, both in the UK and overseas. These links are provided in order to offer a better service. It is our intention to provide links only to trustworthy websites. However, the inclusion of a link does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any of the contents, availability or security of the website to which it is directed. Once you leave our website via such a link, you become subject to the terms and conditions of the site whose link you have followed.
If you have any problems or concerns relating to a linked website, please let us know by writing to the email address shown above.
If you suspect that our website has been used to send spam or to promote anything the goes against these stated terms and conditions, please contact us immediately at the address given above.
We manage this website from our offices in the United Kingdom. While we take reasonable measures to ensure that the website and its contents are appropriate and available for use in the UK and other countries, we do not guarantee that the content or other information provided on the website will be deemed appropriate or relevant by authorities or individuals everywhere. We also cannot guarantee the universal availability of the website.
We may suspend or close down the website at any time. We reserve the right to refuse any or all services of our website to any user for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.